April 20 – June 16, MADE: In America exhibition: Open Wednesday-Monday, closed Tuesdays. 10 am – 4 pm. There will be no guided tours of Woodlawn during the exhibition. Visitors will be able to walk through the house at their own pace. Woodlawn will be closed June 17 – June 30 while we change the exhibition.
March 1 – mid-December: Open Thursday – Monday, the first tour is at 10 a.m. and the last tour is at 4 p.m. Tours are provided every thirty minutes and tickets are purchased in the Woodlawn gift shop.
Please note: Tours are not offered on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- In the event of inclement weather we follow Fairfax County Public Schools.
- All visitors must be accompanied by a guide while visiting the site. The grounds of the property close at 5:00 p.m. except for special programs.
- You may take photographs of the exterior of the house and the grounds, but no photography is permitted within the house.
- While visiting, no dogs are allowed unattended on the property or in vehicles.
- There is handicapped parking for vehicles (with sticker).
- Due to the small interiors at Pope-Leighey and the popularity of the tour, tours are limited to no more than 16 visitors per group and therefore, there tends to be a longer waiting time on weekends. The last tour of the day is almost always sold out. We suggest you plan to arrive earlier in the day on weekends.