Woodlawn and Pope-Leighey are closed for the winter and will reopen on March 1, 2014 with guided tours at Pope-Leighey and the 51st Annual Needlework Show at Woodlawn.
All tour tickets are purchased in the Woodlawn gift shop. Please note that the Pope-Leighey House is a 5-7 minute walk from Woodlawn. For that reason, we ask that you please arrive 15 minutes early for a tour of the Pope-Leighey House to allow enough time to purchase your ticket and walk to the house. We do not allow visitors to join a tour after it has begun. Tours last 30-40 minutes. The site grounds close at 5 pm.
Both houses are open March – November and closed the months of December, January and February.
- In the event of inclement weather we follow Fairfax County Public Schools.
- All visitors must be accompanied by a guide while visiting the site. The grounds of the property close at 5:00 p.m. except for special programs.
- You may take photographs of the exterior of the house and the grounds, but no photography is permitted within the house.
- While visiting, no dogs are allowed unattended on the property or in vehicles.
- There is handicapped parking for vehicles (with sticker).
- Due to the small interiors at Pope-Leighey and the popularity of the tour, tours are limited to no more than 16 visitors per group and therefore, there tends to be a longer waiting time on weekends. The last tour of the day is almost always sold out. We suggest you plan to arrive earlier in the day on weekends.