Hours of Operation
During the month of March, Woodlawn does not offer tours due to hosting the 52nd Annual Needlework Exhibition. The Needlework Exhibition is open Wednesday through Monday, 10 am to 4 pm.
The Pope-Leighey House is open Friday through Monday, offering guided tours every half hour from noon until 4 pm.
All tour tickets are purchased in the Woodlawn gift shop. Please note that the Pope-Leighey House is a 5-7 minute walk from Woodlawn. For that reason, we ask that you please arrive 15 minutes early for a tour of the Pope-Leighey House to allow enough time to purchase your ticket and walk to the house. Tours last 30-40 minutes. The site grounds close at 5 pm.
- In the event of inclement weather we follow Fairfax County Public Schools.
- All visitors must be accompanied by a guide while visiting the site. The grounds of the property close at 5:00 p.m. except for special programs.
- You may take photographs of the exterior of the house and the grounds, but no photography is permitted within the house.
- While visiting, no dogs are allowed unattended on the property or in vehicles.
- There is handicapped parking for vehicles (with sticker).
- Due to the small interiors at Pope-Leighey and the popularity of the tour, tours are limited to no more than 16 visitors per group and therefore, there tends to be a longer waiting time on weekends. The last tour of the day is almost always sold out. We suggest you plan to arrive earlier in the day on weekends.