Woodlawn and Pope-Leighey receive no state or federal funding for preservation efforts or operations, so we count on friends like you to help us fulfill our mission of maintaining these important historic sites for public enjoyment. You can become a friend of the Pope-Leighey House and Woodlawn through our online membership form. By joining, you are joining a network of historic sites nationwide that share our mission of preserving places that matter to us.
The National Trust for Historic Preservation helps people protect, enhance, and enjoy the places that matter to them. By becoming a friend of these sites, you’ll join the community of people who agree that this place matters to us—and to the future.
Membership Benefits Include:
• Free admission to PL and WL
• A 10% discount at our museum shop (excludes sale items and consignment goods made by our support group, Nelly‘s Needlers).
• Invitations to exclusive events and fundraisers throughout the year.
• Free or discounted admission to our public programs, including the Annual Needlework Exhibition and the “Behind the Scenes” Tours of Pope-Leighey.
• Membership to our parent organization, The National Trust for Historic Preservation, including a one-year subscription to Preservation magazine.
• Free or reduced admission to regularly scheduled tours with your National Trust membership card (which will arrive in a few weeks from our headquarters in Washington) to any of the 27 historic sites of The National Trust for Historic Preservation. A list of these member sites is online at: www. preservationnation.org, click on “historic sites.”